Monday, July 26, 2010

Bigger & Better Things

Welcome to my latest attempt at a blog!

First off, let me introduce myself and then I shall go into what I want to say about myself. I, frankly call it bragging, but some call it exposing your true self.

My full name is Krysta Lynne Fry. I was born on September 28, 1989. From what I remember of the eighties ... wait. I only saw 3 months of them ... scratch that. I lived as a nineties baby. I grew up in the age of Pokemon, Nintendo and I watched the technological world rise.
Although I was well brought up, my parents made one fatal mistake. They took me to see Broadway at the age of 4. After that, I was never the same! I completely blame them for making me want to become an actor.

At the age of 12, I auditioned for our local theatre group that performs charity shows every year for the community. It's based on a Vaudeville type layout and it was completely volunteer. I began as an actor, worked my way up to singer and dancer and eventually broke into the backstage area where I took on tasks such as grunt work, hair/make up/costumes, props, sound and stage management. I was with this group from 2002-2010 and might still be with them...that is, if they REALLY need me.

Throughout my high school years, I became a heavy contributor to our drama club. Although I only held one executive position (because it seems that Student's Council isn't the only popularity run group anymore), I was involved in the Sears Drama Festival every year, and eventually went back to high school after graduation just so that I could be involved. Along with acting, I also touched in areas of lighting/sound, and stage management.

And now, here I am. I'm currently living in North Bay ON awaiting school to begin. Yes, I chose to go to school for Acting/Musical Theatre/Technical Theatre. Didn't see that coming, did you!
I'm currently involved with North.Light Productions where we are presenting 'Writers Block', a scripted/improve comedy, as well as the web series 'Butterfly' (which I shall post the link for after it becomes available).

As the blog is called 'Bigger & Better Things', I believe that, even though I had a lot of trouble moving on from my previous theatre group in Kirkland Lake, I'm on a path to the next level in my training/adventure. In order to keep myself from going crazy and thinking that I made the biggest mistake of my life, I have to keep telling myself this...because it is true. If I dont move on to 'Bigger and Better Things', I'll never improve.

If you're still reading this, I urge you to read the next few blogs. Yes, they have already been previously posted on Facebook...and it's a spin off of note frenzy "25 things" that EVERYONE seemed to have done. This is just to put down some crazy things about me, to make me seem more real...I guess?

And there you have it! One part of my story has been complete. Although, there is a reason why I call this blog my Kaleidoscopic world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment